Words&Pictures (Commercial) Ltd
This entry level role would suit an individual wishing to pursue a career in communications, design or production, with full...
Studio Coordinator - Otley
Words&Pictures (Commercial) Ltd
Words&Pictures helps organisations communicate better. We build trust and engagement in the workplaces and local communities of our UK and global clients.
We’re a team of creators – writers, designers, collaborators, innovators. We get a buzz off tackling client communication problems, finding unique solutions and improving the employee experience in companies across the country, and beyond.
Based in Leeds, we are a full service agency who can create anything from a bi-monthly magazine, to a recruitment brand, an animation, to a website, not to mention event support, youth engagement and all things digital.
Over the past 25 years, we’ve created award-winning communications that reflect the best of our clients' people and practices.
Our work varies from client to client and depends on the challenge at hand. We’re expert communicators across a range of channels tailoring our work to the audience and the objective, always.
This entry level role would suit an individual wishing to pursue a career in communications, design or production, with full training and development opportunities for the right candidates.
It is an exciting time to join Words&Pictures, with more and more brands on our portfolio, and even more challenging and exciting projects in the world of internal communications, youth engagement and education marketing.
This is an opportunity for someone looking to broaden their skills and understanding within the world of communications and develop essential planning skills that will help you progress within a creative agency environment.
There will be the opportunity to develop this role in line with your skills and interests. Initially you will receive a broad range of training, which will include design and artworking processes as well as planning and basic account management support. After your first six months, we will then work with you to create a more focused personal development plan.
Daily duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Arranging photoshoots and interviews for a variety of print and digital media channels across our range of national and international clients
- Supporting client management tasks such as scheduling, studio planning, and liaising with designers, writers and photographers
- Coordinating production specifications and quotes for a wide range of projects
- Making text amendments to documents in Word and design packages such as InDesign and Illustrator*
- Supporting the Production Manager with preparing artwork for print*
- Administrative support for the Client Management team including raising invoices, typing up contact reports and filing (electronic and paper)
- Administrative support for the wider organisation as required, including image sourcing, meeting room management and maintaining our electronic folder structure
- Maintaining competitor analysis and PR coverage
- Organising the weekly work-in-progress meetings using our online work management system*
- Taking notes in internal and external meetings and distributing to the relevant mailing lists
- Answering the main office telephone, fielding enquiries to the relevant teams and individuals
- Answering the door and taking deliveries
- Other duties commensurate with the role as and when required
*full training will be given for these specific programmes
Words&Pictures is looking for an enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude and an interest in creative communications.
You will be a natural organiser, computer literate (full Microsoft suite), and have excellent communication skills. Being a team player while using your initiative on individual tasks will be essential, as will a strong eye for detail and a willingness to learn about the industries and clients Words&Pictures work with.
We would love to meet people who are happy to get involved and contribute to the wider culture of Words&Pictures as well as taking an interest in the communications work we do.
One or two years’ experience in a similar role would be advantageous, but is not essential, as full training will be giving.
|Skills & experience||
- Excellent communication skills, in particular a good telephone manner
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail
- Well organised
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Previous experience using Adobe design products preferably but not essential as full training will be given
|Degree:||Related degree or one year previous experience in a similar role.|
|Location:||Otley, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Dependent on experience|
|Advertised until:||Wed 06-Dec-2017|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.