Graduate Support Technician - Leeds
We are a growing technology services company based at the Round Foundry Media Centre in Leeds City Centre. We do everything from selecting, supplying and supporting networks and computer systems to specifying, building and maintaining software solutions.
We work with clients in many different sectors, from retail to insurance, from local business right through to international corporations and have deployed solutions all over the world.
A Graduate Support Engineer is required to join an expanding IT Support company based in Leeds City Centre providing 1st to 3rd line IT support and consultancy to companies across Yorkshire and beyond.
Working as part of a team of enthusiastic support engineers, you will be responsible for handling support tickets and requests on a 1st/2nd line basis. Day to day activities will include: server and end user support, active directory administration, troubleshooting, PC upgrades and quoting for new equipment and upgrades. Additionally, there will be involvement in client projects.
With a keen interest in IT and technology, you will be up to date on the latest technologies and keep up to date with industry magazines and websites.
This role is part of aFinite's growth plan and we see our graduate positions as providing us with fresh, new staff able to grow and rise up with us to deliver the high service and skill levels we pride ourselves on. An ideal candidate will want to get involved in many areas of the business and thrive on our diverse client base.
• Prioritising and managing open cases, and responding within agreed time limits
• Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
• Troubleshooting system and network problems
• Quoting for new equipment or replacement parts as required
• Excellent telephone manner with the ability to relate information and instructions to clients with issues in a clear, concise and calm way
• Keen to learn and bring their ideas to the team to benefit the company, its clients and themselves
• Interesting in networking and technology in general
• Problem solving analytical mindset keen to think through new situations
|Skills & experience||
Knowledge of and interest in IT highly sought after. Relevant experience preferred, but not essential.
|Degree:||Degree or equivalent preferred|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Up to £21,000 per annum|
|Advertised until:||Fri 05-May-2017|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.