Graduate Civil Engineer, G30 Consulting - Sheffield
This vacancy has now closed.
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic self-starter to join a forward thinking Multidisciplinary Engineering Consultancy based in Sheffield. This is a brand new position for a talented Civil or Structural engineer who is looking to build their career in an innovative environment. Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for the production of technical reports and detailed design packages on a variety of residential, industrial, retail and commercial projects nationwide.
What’s the business all about?
G30 Consulting are a Multidisciplinary Engineering Consultancy based in Sheffield, assisting Architects, Planning Consultants, Commercial and Residential Developers to deliver high quality projects nationwide. Established in 2010, they provide innovative and sustainable design solutions in Planning services, Project Management, Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering. Their new website is launching in April 2017, but examples of previous projects can be found on their Twitter (@G30Consulting), Linkedin, and Facebook pages.
Location: Neepsend Triangle Business Centre, 1 Burton Road, S3 8BW
Start date: May/June
Length of internship: 6 months’ probation internship, with a view to securing a permanent position subject to performance.
What else do you get as a RISE intern?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the region, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and an ongoing training programme with other graduates across the region
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an online application form for this role, choosing reference RISE12-20. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job would be perfect for? If so, please forward the details on to them.
What would you be doing?
You will be responsible for assisting two key areas of the business, the Planning department and the Civil Engineering department. Typical activities will include:
• Production of site feasibility reports, which involves collating information from third party sources and other colleagues to provide clients with a realistic overview of developable sites
• Assisting with the production of flood risk assessment and drainage strategy reports
• Production of infrastructure packages for submission to local authorities for technical approval using various pieces of software, including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and XP Solutions MicroDrainage
• Liaising with local authorities during the technical approval process
• Liaising and meeting with clients to ensure all that all their expectations are being exceeded
• Delegating and supervising work within the project team
• Attending and assisting at site visits and meetings
• Supervising on-site investigation works carried out by sub consultants
What type of person are they looking for?
You will be a Graduate Engineer with a keen eye for detail, sound understanding of basic engineering and the ability to pick up new knowledge quickly with experience. The successful candidate for the role will:
• Have a degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering
• Have a working knowledge of AutoCAD
• Be aware of Civil 3D and XP Solutions MicroDrainage (but don’t worry, training can be provided)
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Be proactive, eager to learn and able to quickly pick up new skills such as IT and computer software
• Be highly organised and able to plan and strategically manage their own workload
• Be an excellent communicator
• Be a great team player, able to integrate and contribute to this close team
• Be happy working on their own initiative
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£18,000 - 20,000pa depending on degree and experience.|
|Closing date:||Closed Mon 17-Apr-2017|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.