Marketing and Business Development Strategist, Buckingham Insurance - Chesterfield
RISE Sheffield City Region is a major city region-wide initiative to increase graduate employment in small and medium sized enterprises. The city region covers: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. RISE SCR is a collaboration between city region partners, Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and the private sector.
How would we sum it up?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive graduate who wants to take the lead in developing a new marketing strategy. This is a successful and long-serving business who gain most of their clients through word of mouth and introductions. In 2017 they’re looking to become more proactive rather than reactive, and part of that is developing a clear message to push through a new line of marketing.
What’s the business all about?
The business is Buckingham Insurance, a long-established and well-respected insurance brokers who pride themselves on delivering professional, open and honest service. They handle the insurance needs of over 6,500 policy holders, and approximately 55% of their customer base is made up of personal insurance customers. The team is made up of 17 people and the company has offices in Clowne and Ripley. Find out more at: https://buckinghaminsurance.co.uk/
Location: 1 The Green, Clowne, Chesterfield S43 4JJ
Start date: May/June 2017
Length of internship: Six months, with a view to securing a permanent role
What else do you get as a RISE intern?
If you are lucky enough to secure one of the RISE internships you won’t just be getting a job. You will be getting access to some of the best training and professional networking with senior leaders in the city, giving you a fantastic opportunity to develop quickly and accelerate your career, including:
• Feedback from your interview and assessment centre
• A launch event and ongoing training programme with other graduates across the city
• Six months free membership of the JCI (Junior Chamber International)
• Access to self-development materials
Sound good to you? Then it’s time to RISE
If you love the sound of this role, then this is your opportunity to RISE to the challenge. Just fill in an on-line application form for this role, choosing reference RISE12-06. But if it’s not for you – can you think of someone this job could be perfect for? If so please do forward the details on to them!
What would you be doing?
You will be working in a new role designed to explore the market and generate leads for the company’s well established sales team, and will be working directly with both the Managing Director and Manager. Typical activities might include:
• Developing and implementing a new marketing strategy for the business
• Working to promote the business and target key prospective clients
• Recording lead information and conversations
• Managing digital marketing activities, such as social media accounts, newsletters and blog posts
• Conducting research into new markets and potential customers, including SMEs and mid-size businesses
• Converting potential customers into leads, and passing them to the sales team
What type of person are they looking for?
The successful person will:
• Be from any degree background, though Business/Marketing would be advantageous
• Be able to get along well with others and join an established team
• Be a confident communicator
• Have a good telephone manner
• Be able to take notes succinctly from any correspondence with potential clients
|Location:||Chesterfield, South Yorkshire|
|Closing date:||Sun 09-Apr-2017|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
Send to a friend
Tell a friend or remind yourself about this job - enter their email address here.
RISE SCR - More job vacancies
- Air Quality Technician, Oceans-ESU
- Business Development Executive, MerlinSoft
- Business Development Executive, White Spider
- Business Operations Coordinator, Atina Solutions
- CAD/CAM Designer, Wilson Benesch
- Content and Digital Marketing Strategist, Bigfoot Digital
- Data Analyst and Content Co-ordinator, Nest
- Digital Marketing Coordinator, Dutton Recruitment
- Governance, Legal and Compliance Intern, Good Things Foundation
- Graduate Civil Engineer, G30 Consulting
- Graduate Engineer, Riverside Automation
- Graduate Engineer, Shepcote Engineering
- Graduate Mobile App Developer, My Sheffield Pound
- Group Business Manager, KAT Communications
- IT Technician, Ashley Clarke
- Junior Graphics Designer, WhiteSpider
- Junior Graphic/UX Designer, Hydra Creative
- Junior Software Developer, White Spider
- Junior Web Developer, Hydra Creative
- Logistics and Operations Intern, David Village Lighting
- Marketing Executive, Specialised Canvas Services
- Office Manager (Financial Markets), IB Learning
- People & OD / Payroll (HR) Co-ordinator, Trebbi
- Pre-sales Coordinator, CiT Digital
- Production Manager, Chase Research Cryogenics
- Project Manager, BOLD Adventures
- Research Officer, IN-PART
- Service Coordinator, Assured Fire & Security Ltd
- Social Media, PR & Communications Intern, My Sheffield Pound
- Software Developer, BEIER360
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer, BEIER360
- Technical Sales Project Manager, Prospect Diagnostics
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant, Clemence Rogers
- Trainee Software Developer, S3 ID
- UX / UI Designer, BEIER360