At Morrisons, we give hard-working graduates the chance to be part of a different kind of retailer. Unlike our competitors,...
Business System Administrator - Leeds
This vacancy has now closed.
Markel International (MINT) underwrites a diverse portfolio of property, casualty and marine insurance and reinsurance business on a world-wide basis. We are a division of the Markel Corporation, which markets and underwrites speciality insurance products and programmes to a variety of niche markets. In each of these markets we seek to provide quality products and excellent customer service so that we can be a market leader. Our financial goals are to earn consistent underwriting profits and superior investment returns to build shareholder value.
The individual will be working with the Markel UK Core System Replacement (CSR) project team to carry out requirements gathering, provide analysis, develop and build products into the chosen technology.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with cross functional teams across the whole of the business and to work with external system providers.
- Engage with business representatives to define and document product build requirements
- Attend and contribute to product design workshops
- Work with IT and business colleagues to answer queries on requirements and product development
- Contribute and review technical specifications ensuring requirements are accurately translated for new product build or changes to existing products
- Build products in the new system from scratch, carries out ‘show and tell’ sessions with Product Managers and business stakeholders to demonstrate the build so far and to gain approval to progress
- Provide input into project documentation including: product specifications, product matrix, risk and issues logs, change logs and status reporting
- Demonstrate numerical and analytical skills with a structured approach to problem solving, able to proactively contribute to a major business change
- Possess competent IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Have the ability to document complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
|Skills & experience||
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to use initiative in a logical manner
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Be able to prioritise work load, has excellent organisational skills and able to work to project timelines
- Show a willingness to take responsibility for specific processes and tasks
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and discretion as working in an environment where confidentiality and sensitivity must be maintained
- Be keen to improve systems and look for ways to work more efficiently
- Enjoy working in a hands-on team and must be flexible in terms of tasks performed
- Be a team player, offering colleague support, sharing information and experience
- Have an affinity and enthusiasm for learning new skills and new subject areas
|Degree:||- Be educated to degree level (ideally with a Maths, Business Studies, Physics background) or have equivalent work experience|
|Salary:||£23,000 - £25,000|
|Advertised until:||Closed Mon 20-Feb-2017|
|Eligibility:||Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK|
Strictly no agencies
This vacancy has now closed.